New activity kits for ages 5-105 are ready for three week checkout with your Whitman…
Have you always wanted to be in a book club???
HOW TO START YOUR BOOK CLUB IN 2018
1. Pick a group of friends: Invite friends or family to join you on your reading adventure! People with different points of view can create great discussions!
2. Check out “Book Club in a Box” from Whitman County Library: Host picks the book! This gives everyone a chance to read they are interested in as well as something new or a title outside of their usual genre.
3. Assign each member a month: Choose a day of the month, for example: the third Thursday, allowing members time to finish the novel chosen and the host to prepare.
4. Hosting the event: Along with choosing the month’s book, the host provides beverages and a light appetizer or dessert.
5. Discuss the book, giving everyone a chance to share: “Book clubs in a Box” include discussion questions to get you started! Additionally, if your group selects a book not offered as a book club in a box discussion questions may be found online.